I came here with the same question. Are you in Portland area by any chance? we have the exact same temperature prediction for tomorrow.

I let my ducks and geese make their own decisions about going out in bad weather. I open their shelters, so they can figure it out on their own.

Yesterday, while we were under all kinds of winter weather advisories and wind chill warnings, my runner ducks and American Buff geese chose lying on the ground, feet tucked under, while snow piled up on top of them.

Every three hours or so, I bundled up and took out fresh water -- which they slurped down immediately.

It's always hard for me to resist the urge to gather them up and make them all go inside -- which is where I would be if I didn't have to keep checking on them!

I'm here for this same reason. I live in south Georgia and we're not accustomed to these temperatures. It will be sunny tomorrow with wind chill advisories and temperatures at 18. But Saturday, cloudy, still an advisory with temps beginning at 5°. We are struggling with what to do to keep the ducks safe. Like, when do you decide to put them back in their house?

Back
Top Bottom