How could i make a 3D model?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TheDuckCrew, May 14, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    So I'm trying to convince my parents to give in to my plans about my Fort Knox for ducks. I would buy the shed and the materials needed to create a section between the shed and current pen so it is tall enough for me to get to the shed. i could also get kids from school to help me build it, so my parents won't have to help. but they still are saying no, that "we'll talk about it" each time i bring it up, they don't want to talk about it. I was hoping a 3D model could help me show my ideas. i created a 3D plan on the computer, but i would like to make a small model. what can i use to make this? i want to be able to show my ideas about cutting the doors in half and putting wire on the top, so there is ventilation and they are still safe. any ideas on what i could use? i would need normal household items and it would have to be relatively easy. thanks.

2. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
  3. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    yep. used that. LOL. took awhile to figure it out.
    i want to make like a real model, not on the computer.

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Why not just use cardboard? Cut up old corrugated boxes or cereal boxes or whatever, according to your measurements. Tape together. There ya go [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

5. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  6. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    haha. thanks guys. i wasn't even thinking about easy stuff such as cardboard! man, i'm losing it!! thanks, i'm gonna start rounding up some stuff now!

7. Dancing

Dancing Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2009
    Prescott, KS
    If you do it up nice enough and to scale, then you could give it to some little girl for her Barbies

8. will hunt for food

will hunt for food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Legos are always fun.

9. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Sweetie, I'm a mom, and "we'll talk about it" is code for "no."

But kudos to you for trying. I *might* give in if a kid put together a really bang up presentation... materials list and budget included. I've been known to be swayed by the younger, reasonably motivated set...

10. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    i built a 3d coop with my dad a while ago, we got all of the stuff at a craft store called micheals. ill post pictures in a few min. hold on...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by