How did I get this color? Please look!

I agree with Georgia Boy 1970 and Kev. The Red Sexlink is the mom becuase she carries dominant (so she would mostly likely be from a cross of a Red roo on a RIWhite hen, not a Delaware since Delawares dont have dom white.)

But that is what you would get from crossing that BR roo with a Gold Sexlink hen, if she didnt have dom white, the chick would be barred similar to the barred rock, but the dom white covers most all black so thats why it is white. I would expect it to get a little gold leakage as it grows.

Quote:
That would be a White Rock..
Most White Rocks where/ are a Sport out of a Barred Rock Breeding..

Chris

awheel11,
Can you post a picture of the Barred Rock Rooster..
The reason I ask is that you could have a Black Sex-Link Rooster they can look a lot like a Barred Rock..

Chris

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out the same thing! I bought eggs and the guy said he had Black Australorps and Barred Rocks "runnin' together". I hatched out BR colored ones, one black, a blue and three of these white with a few little barred spots. I thought maybe it worked like a sex link, because all three white ones are roos.

Bad pics--they were sleeping so I didn't want to take any tonight.
52848_dscn9792.jpg

52848_dscn9789.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I am positive that the mom is a red sex link now, the color of the egg she hatched out of is the same as the ones I've collected from my red girl.

Chris 09, this is the rooster. He should be a barred rock
61362_new_york_citay_234.jpg

Here's what I believe is the mom:
61362_chick_030.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't that great
roll.png

Quote:
yep, your roo is a regular hatchery barred rock, not a sexlink and the hen is a red sexlink with Dom white coloring her tail and a few other areas so that is the pair that produced your white chick.
wink.png

Quote:
yep, your roo is a regular hatchery barred rock, not a sexlink and the hen is a red sexlink with Dom white coloring her tail and a few other areas so that is the pair that produced your white chick.
wink.png

Thanks! Just one more mystery solved
big_smile.png

most everyone has said what I was going to say. I had a barred rock roo over red sex links. The female chicks I hatched out were white and the males were barred......
21675_barredroo.jpg

dad
21675_redhens.jpg

moms
21675_blacksexlink.jpg

first chick - boy
21675_blacksexlink1.jpg

Here his barring is coming in
21675_whitesexlink.jpg

Second chick
21675_whitesexlink1.jpg

She is the white one