how did I live without chickens?

I too, have been won over and entirely manipulated by a rooster. About $800 lighter in cash and although it has evened out, the chickens believe that it could still be better with the addition of more treats, etc. They sure are special creatures!
Haha...hadn't occurred to me that I might have been being manipulated!!! But I surely manipulated him, many stressful changes for him in a short time, and he did his very best to comply with all demands, for example, bravely walking himself up a brand-new-to-him weird ramp into a very strange new temporary tiny home inside a shed, and all kinds of later challenges courageously faced. I stand in awe of him, really. And he's so happy now as leader of his own flock of 2 hens. He just LOVES to tidbit for them and always stands back for them to eat all they want, guarding over them while their heads are down. And he's so talkative, always communicating with me and with them.

Haha...hadn't occurred to me that I might have been being manipulated!!! But I surely manipulated him, many stressful changes for him in a short time, and he did his very best to comply with all demands, for example, bravely walking himself up a brand-new-to-him weird ramp into a very strange new temporary tiny home inside a shed, and all kinds of later challenges courageously faced. I stand in awe of him, really. And he's so happy now as leader of his own flock of 2 hens. He just LOVES to tidbit for them and always stands back for them to eat all they want, guarding over them while their heads are down. And he's so talkative, always communicating with me and with them.
Your guy sounds like a real gent who has demonstrated the dual qualities of bravery and chivalry! My rooster has only 1 hen to look after, so he doesnt have to multi-task as much as yours. She (the hen) certainly keeps him busy, though!

Back
Top Bottom