How Did You Get Into Poultry? Post Your Story

Lol, I have a very mixed coop at the moment, usally we keep our chickens seperate, but at the moment we have no roos, except the suprises that hatched earlier this year. Most of our chickens are batam crosses. Really want some easter eggers, but mom says no more chickens until we have a bigger coop. 
we have dogs cats goat and 20 chickens

So for those of you that don't me, I'm Feather Hearts.(My real name's Alena)
So about me, I'm a christian teen living in the middle of nowhere. I have four siblings. I live in a tiny island called New Zealand. Luckily it's subtropical and by the beach :p, we moved here from Missouri america 8 years ago, and I love it. Anyway, how I got into birds: When I was five we had a fat white duck named jemima she was a really cute pekin, we also had geese and a few chickens. When we moved we arranged a courrier aircraft to take these birds to NZ. Anyway it took a few days quarintene but we got our poultry back. At six I got a cute green parakeet called skipper. Now I still love birds and have far to many, as my parents say. No more this year! (I wonder how thats gonna last.
My Birds:
Tinsel : cockatiel F
Yellow: Button Quail don't know
Albert: Coturnix Quail F
DT: Coturnix Quail M
Tufty: Coturnix Quail F
Misty: little black bantam x something F
Gulliver: Silver appleyard duck M
Hoppy: Silver appleyard
Plenty more!

Feather Heart's are yo chicken crazy quiz

Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? Yes No
Do you bring your chickens inside? Yes No
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? Yes No
Do you take selfies with your poultry? Yes No

1-2 You love your chickens but you are not to crazy
3 You are pretty obsessed with your chickens
4 You adore your chickens treat them like people

More coming soon!
*Edited by staff*
Hi all .
I'm also a young christian teen living in Missouri , my real name is Josh .my family got chickens and I fell I. Love with them .before that I'd always had a love of birds and I had a parakeet named jungle and a cockateil named jake (both male ) they both passed on a couple years ago and I was left with nothing and was really sad. A couple years later I got a new parakeet and her name is kiwi ! ( Female ) now I have some quail and alot of chickens !

First question : no .
Second question : ...sometimes ...
Third question : yuppers .
Fourth question : yeah .

I'm an obsessed crazy madman ! Any bird I see I'm instantly in love ! Even vultures are cute if you look at them right ! ( Some of them , lol )

( @Feather Hearts , it's crazy how much we have in common !!! )

Back
Top Bottom