How Did You Get Into Poultry? Post Your Story

strawberricatt

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 4, 2016
So for those of you that don't me, I'm Feather Hearts.(My real name's Alena)
So about me, I'm a christian teen living in the middle of nowhere. I have four siblings. I live in a tiny island called New Zealand. Luckily it's subtropical and by the beach :p, we moved here from Missouri america 8 years ago, and I love it. Anyway, how I got into birds: When I was five we had a fat white duck named jemima she was a really cute pekin, we also had geese and a few chickens. When we moved we arranged a courrier aircraft to take these birds to NZ. Anyway it took a few days quarintene but we got our poultry back. At six I got a cute green parakeet called skipper. Now I still love birds and have far to many, as my parents say. No more this year! (I wonder how thats gonna last.
My Birds:
Tinsel : cockatiel F
Yellow: Button Quail don't know
Albert: Coturnix Quail F
DT: Coturnix Quail M
Tufty: Coturnix Quail F
Misty: little black bantam x something F
Gulliver: Silver appleyard duck M
Hoppy: Silver appleyard
Plenty more!

Feather Heart's are yo chicken crazy quiz

Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? Yes No
Do you bring your chickens inside? Yes No
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? Yes No
Do you take selfies with your poultry? Yes No

1-2 You love your chickens but you are not to crazy
3 You are pretty obsessed with your chickens
4 You adore your chickens treat them like people

More coming soon!
*Edited by staff*

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? YES, but no kisses, scared of Salmanilla.
Do you bring your chickens inside? YES
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? ABSOLUTLY YES
Do you take selfies with your poultry? YES

4 You adore your chickens treat them like people YES

I'm a CHICKEN OBSESSSED CHICKEN CRAZED CHICKEN ADDICT.My sister and mom think I go mad if I find out a new breed, meet someone like me, ECT.....

Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? YES, but no kisses, scared of Salmanilla.
Do you bring your chickens inside? YES
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? ABSOLUTLY YES
Do you take selfies with your poultry? YES

4 You adore your chickens treat them like people YES

I'm a CHICKEN OBSESSSED CHICKEN CRAZED CHICKEN ADDICT.My sister and mom think I go mad if I find out a new breed, meet someone like me, ECT.....
lol, I don't kiss mine much

Hey y'all. My name is Katie. Well I've always wanted TONS of animals. Anything from dogs, cats to farm animals. My husband and I were both in the military and neither of us grew up on a farm (he's a city boy and I grew up in the country just not on a farm). I love animals! So when we moved to Illinois, we started renting a house that has a good bit of land and a barn. The previous tenants had mini horses and chickens so the barn already had the makings of a chicken coop. We got chickens because they are the cheapest/easiest to care for. We are currently students and getting money from the military for school so we had to think "small farm first" kinda stuff. And now we have 10 chickens. 4 are supposedly going to my mother in laws, but they haven't built a coop or anything yet so I think they will end up staying with us for the duration of their lives. Which is perfectly fine with me because they are so much fun. Plus we started getting eggs already!!! It's like Christmas Day every time I find an egg.

Hey y'all. My name is Katie. Well I've always wanted TONS of animals. Anything from dogs, cats to farm animals. My husband and I were both in the military and neither of us grew up on a farm (he's a city boy and I grew up in the country just not on a farm). I love animals! So when we moved to Illinois, we started renting a house that has a good bit of land and a barn. The previous tenants had mini horses and chickens so the barn already had the makings of a chicken coop. We got chickens because they are the cheapest/easiest to care for. We are currently students and getting money from the military for school so we had to think "small farm first" kinda stuff. And now we have 10 chickens. 4 are supposedly going to my mother in laws, but they haven't built a coop or anything yet so I think they will end up staying with us for the duration of their lives. Which is perfectly fine with me because they are so much fun. Plus we started getting eggs already!!! It's like Christmas Day every time I find an egg.
lol, we have 18 horses, no lie

Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? Yes
Do you bring your chickens inside? Yes- they walk in my bedroom themselves because, in the rare event I'm not outside, I leave the kitchen door open and they know where I am usually!
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? Not really, although I never wear shoes- even in the feces land called a chicken coop. I also find myself tempted to sleep in my chicken coop sometimes....
Do you take selfies with your poultry? Yes

Are you constantly hugging and kissing you're poultry? Yes
Do you bring your chickens inside? Yes- they walk in my bedroom themselves because, in the rare event I'm not outside, I leave the kitchen door open and they know where I am usually!
Do your parents and siblings think you are mad sometimes? Not really, although I never wear shoes- even in the feces land called a chicken coop. I also find myself tempted to sleep in my chicken coop sometimes....
Do you take selfies with your poultry? Yes

Lol, I have a very mixed coop at the moment, usally we keep our chickens seperate, but at the moment we have no roos, except the suprises that hatched earlier this year. Most of our chickens are batam crosses. Really want some easter eggers, but mom says no more chickens until we have a bigger coop.

Back
Top Bottom