how did YOU lose weight?

I'm still trying to loose weight from having my baby.

he is 19 years old.
lau.gif

Counting calories. I am not a nazi about it, I just keep a rough estimate/tally in my head each day. If I am really active, like in the summer, I know I can have a couple of hundred extra calories. Its a LOT easier to do if you do most or all of your own cooking
smile.png

PS I do not "diet", I am just aware of what I put in my body.

Last edited:
I lost 30# with atkins and my husband lost 60# . Its very easy if you are able to find foods to keep off the carbs. That is why i eat alot of eggs, and got chickens. The atkins way of eating taught me alot about how your body nreaks down food. That made it much easier to stick to it. I learned alot about why people develop diabetes through their diet. On the atkins diet, you can eat all day and still lose weight. I did not exercise, but it would obviously make it work better and you benefit more. It only took a few days before cravings for "carbs" went down. Good Luck to you.

I also count carbs rather than calories!!

I eat foods with less then 5 carbs per serving for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, then pretty much don't count them for dinner.

Last edited:
I lost 25lbs on weight watchers. Unfortunately, when I went off program I gained it all back. I'm reading "The Omnivore's Dillema" right now and I can already tell that it's going to break all these diet myths for me. I don't want to diet forever. I want to eat balanced meals that include carbs, red meat, veggies, etc.

I'm a big believer that preservatives are to blame for a lot of the cancer and obesity problems. Prepackaged foods are the United State's horrific gift to the world.

Quote:
Me to and mine is almost 21. I am now however going to weight watchers. It is working so far got rid of 15 pounds. As long as I keep going. If I stop going it will all find me again.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom