how did YOU lose weight?

55 lbs by portioning and sensible eating, going on 2 years now, so i think it's staying off, but i still have to watch myself and that's the part i hate, that i can't loosen up any.

Cut down your sugar intake by about 80% if you love your sweets. Eat low fat. Anything and everything can be made in a lowfat version and still taste great. Cook your own food. Switch to an extra virgin oil (coconut & olive is best). Lots of veggies, and some fruit. Have lean poultry and wild salmon. Don't be afraid to try new things. Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it can't taste good. Eat organic when ever possible. Raw walnuts and almonds are super food. Absolutely no cheese!
sad.png

When in a hurry, make a fruit and non-fat yogurt smoothie. My favorite smoothie tastes soo good. You'd never ever know it was full of excellent vitamins and protein.

Non-fat plain organic yogurt; frozen berry mix (costco), one small fresh banana, organic vanilla lowfat soy milk (costco), and a huge spoon full of raw organic flax seed meal (I grind my own).

I crave one everyday. It's sweet, nutty, satisfying. Try it and I promise you'll love it. It will give you energy and you'll feel great.

A 30 min fast walk or swim 4 times a week, will do you wonders (both low impact)
wink.png

If I feel I need to drop a couple of pounds, I just lay off the soft drinks for a week or so. Replace soda with water. It works for me.

I drink non-caffeinated soda, so I don't have to deal with caffeine withdrawal, though. That would make it much tougher.
sad.png

I've lost about 20 pounds,eating low glycemic. Basically it is reducing simple carbs from my diet,but not eliminating them. I'm still doing it and I expect to be able to go swimming this Summer for the first time in years!

68 pounds for 2 years now, by eating more sensibly, and when buy stuff for the house, cutting the largest part of FAT out of my diet...I like heavy creams, sauces, butters, etc..evil...went for the first number to reduce on the label for me cause I have a short attention span (fat) and now I know what to buy! (reduced fat everything, even candy)
Tina
Oh, I keep losing weight now...so I have had to incorporate more good fat into my diet to stay healthy...Im not a diet person so I didnt know...

I got up to 220 when I quit smoking and had an office job.

My solution was to get out of the office and work as a field tech
which was a lot more active.

Lots of kayaking helped too.

I was 175 until I turned 30. Now I'm 195 and could lose 15 pounds.

Chasing chickens burns calories too.
wink.png

I lost 30 lbs with Weight Watchers. I don't count points any more, but the diet helped me to see what is low calorie and what's not, so I just keep a tab on what I'm eating.

I gave up all soft drinks,2 cups coffee a day and then nothing but water.My GERD helped on this. I follow the 25%, 25%,50% rule.Meat serving 25%,about the size of your palm,carbs 25%(noodles,taters,bread etc) veggies being the largest. Also go to your local hospital and they have a free cook book called "Heart healthy cook book" It'll help you with serving sizes and alot of the recipes are very good. I've lost 30 pounds in 4 months doing this. Plus it probably wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid levels checked. Good luck.

Quote:
Oh I got this for my birthday last summer and then I tore my MCL and have been recovering for about 2 months, thanks for reminding me I had it!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom