How did your username originate?

I don't post a lot but love the information.

To work at Girl Scout camp you needed a camp name. There were 3 of us that couldn't come up with a good name, so someone went down the line with Snap, Crackle, Pop. The name has stuck ever since. I still go to that same camp.
smile.png

The reason for my name.....my old...really old moniker from my D&D days (aka the 70s) was Bugcrusher Jon. Then once I got over all that, off to work and higher education it became my profession...a clinical microbiologist....aka..Bugcrusher!
cool.png

Last edited:
"Colonel" comes from being a Kentucky Colonel (Yeah, just like Colonel Sanders Kentucky Fried Chicken). It's a bit unusual for someone in Florida to be given the title of Kentucky Colonel, but it all had to do with doing work for the state and a couple of hurricanes. Anyway, the certificate is hanging here on my office wall, signed by the governor and secretary of state, so I use it in various forms for various forums.

Lost-in-the-Woods is the name of my hobby farm. Where my family and I used to live we were situated on 40 beautiful acres- mostly wooded in the middle of nowhere, and people would get lost coming to visit us so the name just fit at the time and I thought it had a nice ring to it, so we kept it after we moved.

When my kids were young they would flock around me when I got home from work, mouths open wide like little baby birds. "HUNGRY, FEED ME!"
So naturally I would say "What am I ? A big mama bird".
My chickens remind me of that when they see me. They come running looking for treats. "YOU HAVE TREATS, RIGHT? MAMA? TREATS?"

My user name, ARSUMA, originated because I showed dogs at dog shows and raised the Papillon breed for 20 years. So I needed a kennel name for my registration papers. AR of it comes from my husbands name Arlin, SU comes from my name,Sue, and MA are the first two letters of our last name. So ARSUMA was born.
smile.png

In the beginning, I held out hope for five hens out of five mystery chicks. I hoped and hoped...but hey, we got four!
smile.png

My veggie garden and hen yard have a wet weather stream in the middle and there is hardly any flat land. Last week I was scrambling to move the electric fence out of the way of the river that suddenly came up. The hens are annoyed as they love scratching in the streambed.
Anyway, that is where Gullygarden came from.

Back
Top Bottom