How do I bunny proof all these cords?

Bunnyforever

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2023
Can someone please advice me how I would bunny proof all these cords?

6DDB5302-08E9-427B-9AF2-E688E859A561.jpeg

CF72728A-0C50-4BCA-9F7B-1BC6EEE58478.jpeg

First: get as much possible of the ground and higher where it can't reach it.
Second: train the rabbit. I had my last one trained to always potty in the crate and not to bite cables. Could not stop it from eating plants
The area between the wall and PC do block off. Make sure it can't crawl under the PC and then get in.

Covering any remaining open wires with chicken wire will prevent it from biting it.

First: get as much possible of the ground and higher where it can't reach it.
Second: train the rabbit. I had my last one trained to always potty in the crate and not to bite cables. Could not stop it from eating plants
The area between the wall and PC do block off. Make sure it can't crawl under the PC and then get in.

Covering any remaining open wires with chicken wire will prevent it from biting it.
Great idea! I can screw a power strip outlet four feet off the floor onto the wall. Now my bunny won't be able to reach them.

You are welcome. Try first to get anything dangerous out of reach and if you can't protect. There are different chicken wires available at hardware stores or TSC. Never leave the rabbit alone in the room.

Can someone please advice me how I would bunny proof all these cords?

View attachment 3448522
View attachment 3448523
I don't have rabbits, but had to kitten-proof a while back. Chewers come in all species!
Mount a surge protector/power strip up high - like on the wall behind your work space or actually on the back or underside of your workspace. That way, the only cord within chewing reach is the power cord, and that can be covered with a metal or plastic tube. You can buy one specifically designed to hide cords or make your own with PVC pipe.
If you can't raise your CPU off the ground, try blocking the back of the box. I found some door draft guards that worked well for that. I mounted the hard part against the cpu with velcro tape and left the "flappy part" curved against the wall. Worked like a charm. I was able to remove it when the kittens were older, but for rabbits, you may want to make something a bit more permanent. Just be sure to leave a way for air to circulate a bit, so your computer doesn't overheat.
Most importantly, make sure your bunnies have lots a safe chewing surfaces. They're gonna chew, so it's best to make sure they have something that doesn't hurt them and won't get them in trouble.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom