How do I calculate how much moisture is lost in eggs?

I weighed them on the grams setting..should I use a different one?
Grams scale is fine.

See this site for average egg weights. The only way your initial weights could be correct is if they were peewee sized eggs. Your second round of weights would apply to medium to large sized eggs.

I don't know what you did but things such as not zeroing the scale or forgetting to get a tare weight will affect your final outcome. Without the proper weights, you cannot calculate anything but will instead have to rely on candling to check for proper air cell development.

Grams scale is fine.

See this site for average egg weights. The only way your initial weights could be correct is if they were peewee sized eggs. Your second round of weights would apply to medium to large sized eggs.

I don't know what you did but things such as not zeroing the scale or forgetting to get a tare weight will affect your final outcome. Without the proper weights, you cannot calculate anything but will instead have to rely on candling to check for proper air cell development.
What's a rare weight? There is a button that says tare on my scale!

The tare weight is for when you use a container to hold whatever you are weighing. Place the container on the scale, press tare and the scale will now read zero. The purpose of the tare weight is so that you don't have to subtract the container's weight from the total of what you are weighing.

These charts/logsheets that I made should help you out through the rest of incubation. Reweigh your eggs making sure the weights are all correct and write them on the logsheet in the correct day column. It looks like you did number them already. You can monitor them for the rest of the incubation period and stay on track. I only made them for 18 days because once you go into lockdown you moisture loss will be slowed to almost nothing due to higher humidity and I want to make sure I hit my target of 13%. I don't even use the logsheet anymore, I just write the weight on the egg at the start of incubation and go to the chart for whatever day I'm weighing them. Hope these help!

Attachments

• Egg Weight Logsheet.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Chicken Egg Weight Loss.pdf
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
The tare weight is for when you use a container to hold whatever you are weighing. Place the container on the scale, press tare and the scale will now read zero. The purpose of the tare weight is so that you don't have to subtract the container's weight from the total of what you are weighing.
Oh I didn't use a container I just sat the eggs right on the scale...I don't know what I did wrong😭Ugh there's always next time I guess lol!

Back
Top Bottom