how do i convince my parents to let me get a duckling?

Pics
sadly we dont have chickens, though I wish they did there so cute and great for eggs! I know they're messy but I'm willing to clean up as much as i need to! And for the breed, I think want an Indian runner, im not sure though. I think all duckies are cute!
Yes, get indian runners that is my favorite breed! Where are you going to get them from? You can print the pics of my ducks if you want!

oh ok I dont know that much about them and just thought they might be a good choice, but thanks for the advice!
but all I really want in a duck is that will like to hang out with me!

I think you are in love with the **idea** of ducks. Fueled by no small amount of nostalgia.

I have ducks. and chickens. and goats. soon, rabbits.

Ducks are:
Loud, obnoxious, DIRTY MESSY DISGUSTING eaters, sometimes aggressive (even to humans), unreliable layers, and expensive to maintain.

Why do I have them??? Fast growing dark meat for the table. Also, they make a good beef substitute in sausages or ground as burgers.

Your parents have said no, no small number of times, and offered reason. Perhaps tongue in cheek, when another parent offered some examples of less than reliable teenager behaviors, you suggested they resembled yourself. Your existing animals, unlike ducks, are all very low maintenance, with limited space requirements. Moreover, as a teen, in just a few years, you are looking (most likely) towards college or trade school - some place where you can't bring your ducks. So your current want commits your parents to years of maintaining "your" duck, after you are (likely) gone from the household.

Welcome to BYC. Put your ducky desires on hold, enjoy ducks vicariously through our flocks, continue to educate yourself about them, and have you considered an avian veterinary career??? Plenty of cat and dog vets, very few we find with decent knowledge of poultry and waterfowl.

This bowl of water had been changed maybe 10 min before this picture was taken. (some of my Pekin hens)
View attachment 2936684
i feel like you just degraded me a lil but but ok :, )
um yeah im aware they said no. I still have time untill i go to college, BUT my neighbor loves barn animals and has everything except ducks. goats, horses, chickens, pigs, sheep, you name it. And she said if i got ducks, when I leave for college she can take them untill i come back and see them whenever I vist.
i know i odnt know a lot but I feel like i am going to learn a lot more on this website

um, guys i just want a duck...
All you guys are doing is repeating what you have said in other parts of the conversation...
i just want somone to say straight out "ok heres what you need in order to take care of ducks" I have money and stuff ready. recently ive been doing my chores without them asking me to do it so stop harassing me about that. if your going to tell me something pleaseeee just tell me what i need.
thats all i want at the moment.

well I just had a doctor's appointment and on the way there I was like "dad, what do you think about ducks?" and he said very bluntly "no" He's very stubborn. So I'll have to work with my mom on this one! I will make sure to show her those pictures!

Is anyone persuasive willing to write me a letter as to why my mom should let me get ducklings. I'm not very good at it or else i'd write it myself. I just really wanna get a duck and name one waddels and the other james pond or jackie chan (if its a guy) if its not a guy then probs just puebe (pwebay)
Lol do you know anyone with baby ducks, because my friend got a kitten from someone and she couldn’t keep it. So she gave it to me if I wanted it and I said ofc but my moms husband isn’t big on anything. She asked me to just ”watch it” until her cat and babies. As soon as she saw him she said we’re keeping him. as long as you show them you can keep it clean then you should be good to go but ur parents are proly different from mine.

Back
Top Bottom