How Do I Finish The Roof?

Uncle Marc

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 12, 2011
Poplar Grove Kentucky
I have been struggling with this in the planning stages.

I will be using a "shed" type roof, one that is taller in front and slopes to the rear. I am using metal roofing. I can't figure out how to seal off the front, or high point, on the front side of the roof.

The metal roofing has ridges and I figure rain etc. can get in under those high points on the metal.

How do I enclose that?

Any ideas?

Another thing you might try is to trace the metal roofing form onto a 1 X 6 board, cut it out, and close off the roof edge with that and a layer of the thin roll of foam that goes between sub-floor and bottom plate (can't remember it's name).

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Quote:
x2 I also placed welded wire between the gap on the inside, even though it was only 3.5" gap..to keep critters out and birds in when I lock them up for the night.

The home depot sells the foam that you put between the roofing and the wood. It's next to the corrugated roofing supplies.

I capped mine (about 8" gap) with plywood on the inside of the run to cut down on the drafts. My rafters face west and the wind predominately comes from that direction; it was creating a swirling effect something fierce in my run. It also helps keep the unwanted, although I'm not sure how they would get up there I don't feel the need to test them!

ED: Lack of coffee.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom