How Do I Fix This?

ragingowl77

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
Southeast Georgia
Soooo.... I think after building the coop and run, the tarp was more of an afterthought. I screwed it to the roof and pulled it as tight as I could, then screwed it to the run all around. But, the rain came, water pooled up in the tarp, the screws pulled away from the roof, and now everything is wet. Please give me suggestions on how to fix this! Keep in mind, hardware cloth is covering the run, so I can't even reach the tarp. If I need to cut into it, that's what I need to do, or if I need to build over, add gutters somehow, whatever. This sucks, but I gotta do something.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 2
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 2
Rain in a run isn't an issue, so for safety reasons I'd remove the tarp completely as the weight of another heavy rainfall could cause it to collapse through the wire below. There doesn't look to be enough slope to get water to run off quickly enough to stop pooling and not enough framework to hold up the weight if the water does start pooling.

The coop portion is roofed over it looks like? That's all you really need.

Rain in a run isn't an issue, so for safety reasons I'd remove the tarp completely as the weight of another heavy rainfall could cause it to collapse through the wire below. There doesn't look to be enough slope to get water to run off quickly enough to stop pooling and not enough framework to hold up the weight if the water does start pooling.

The coop portion is roofed over it looks like? That's all you really need.
Thanks! Such a simple solution :) I did keep it covering part of the run, but pulled it way from the coop.

Back
Top Bottom