Solved How do I get a picture to show up on my article cover page?

@aart

this part: It still shows as an attachment outside the text body in edit mode tho.

That is the image that is being used at the cover image.
Go back and look at the "finished" article..not in edit mode.
See if you are able to see the one you just deleted.

@aart

this part: It still shows as an attachment outside the text body in edit mode tho.
That is the image that is being used at the cover image.

Go back and look at the "finished" article..not in edit mode.
See if you are able to see the one you just deleted.
Yep, I figured ;)

Yes, viewing article in 'not edit' mode shows the pic, the cover photo, over to the side.

It's weird the way the old pics are stored(invisibly almost-to most of us).
Would be nice to just click on an existing article pic and make it the cover photo,
but I think it needs to be uploaded via the new platform<shrugs>
"I don't need to understand everything".....at least not today, I may get obsessed another day tho. Haha!

Yep, I figured ;)

Yes, viewing article in 'not edit' mode shows the pic, the cover photo, over to the side.

It's weird the way the old pics are stored(invisibly almost-to most of us).
Would be nice to just click on an existing article pic and make it the cover photo,
but I think it needs to be uploaded via the new platform<shrugs>
"I don't need to understand everything".....at least not today, I may get obsessed another day tho. Haha!
What I wanted to know though is when you deleted that photo(the original)...did it delete from your article?

I deleted the newly uploaded one, not the original.
And after deleting the newly uploaded one you still have a cover image?
I am about to be completely lost! lol

Now I am understanding what you meant when you said something like "why did i need to upload it and then save it then I deleted it and it stayed." totally doesn't make sense...but what doesn't make sense if how it worked or why it has to be done that way....huh.

O well...
It worked..that's all that matters. (for now)

And after deleting the newly uploaded one you still have a cover image?
I am about to be completely lost! lol

Now I am understanding what you meant when you said something like "why did i need to upload it and then save it then I deleted it and it stayed." totally doesn't make sense...why it has to be done this way. But for now...
Atleast it worked huh?
Yes, but I deleted the pic in the text body of article, not down below where it's 'listed' as an attachment. That's why I wondered about how pics are stored differently and accessed by the platform software depending on...who knows what!!? <shrugs>

Sometimes I think programmers make up this complicated 'upgrade' stuff because they are bored and also need job security...haha!

Yes, but I deleted the pic in the text body of article, not down below where it's 'listed' as an attachment. That's why I wondered about how pics are stored differently and accessed by the platform software depending on...who knows what!!? <shrugs>

Sometimes I think programmers make up this complicated 'upgrade' stuff because they are bored and also need job security...haha!
Ahahhaaaa...
I understand now what you are saying.
But one more question and I'll stop. :oops:
How did you upload the pic (the one you deleted but it stayed as an attachment.)

Did you click and drag it from your computer?
Did you use the Upload a file button?

Ahahhaaaa...
I understand now what you are saying.
But one more question and I'll stop. :oops:
How did you upload the pic (the one you deleted but it stayed as an attachment.)

Did you click and drag it from your computer?
Did you use the Upload a file button?
Upload button....don't think it's much diff from drag and drop......
....will try it that way next time I get in there.
Eventually I will probably do all my articles cover pics....maybe...it isn't that important to me.

One more Q:

Once you uploaded the "duplicate pic" did you then click on insert full image or thumbnail?
If you don't click on one of these after dragging the photo into the editor then it does not add the photo into the article therefor it does not need to be deleted.

One more Q:

Once you uploaded the "duplicate pic" did you then click on insert full image or thumbnail?
If you don't click on one of these after dragging the photo into the editor then it does not add the photo into the article therefor it does not need to be deleted.
Hmmmm, think I used full image...haven't tried the not hitting thumb or full, will keep it in mind.

Back
Top Bottom