How do I get another pigeon?

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
I’m starting to think my little stray pigeon needs a friend. How exactly do I get another pigeon? I realize they are all over the city... but I don’t think I have the skills to walk up and grab one. I live outside of Savannah... any ideas? I think my little one is a girl.... she is very dainty. She had been cooing a lot lately. She seems a little unsettled and keeps trying to get into a shed that we keep closed...

Attachments

• DA8EE31F-4BA7-4BF8-91E2-812AC98F1FEE.jpeg
    DA8EE31F-4BA7-4BF8-91E2-812AC98F1FEE.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 12
See if you can find someone local to you that raises homers or a fancy breed, and buy one :) That'll be the easiest way. You can check Craigslist, and any local Facebook bird fancier or pigeon groups to find breeders.
I am going to do that right now! Thank you :)

I’m starting to think my little stray pigeon needs a friend. How exactly do I get another pigeon? I realize they are all over the city... but I don’t think I have the skills to walk up and grab one. I live outside of Savannah... any ideas? I think my little one is a girl.... she is very dainty. She had been cooing a lot lately. She seems a little unsettled and keeps trying to get into a shed that we keep closed...

I used to be a pro doves breeder once a go
This breed wasn't to be owned as a pet its agressive
You better get better breed .

Hmmm. I haven’t tried to catch her. She just showed up three months ago and never left. In fact she just started coming down from my porch rafter. It’s been tricky because I have three outdoor cats! Ugh! I have never worked so hard to protect a bird in my life! She trusts me but she just won’t let me touch her. I can’t figure out why she wants in my shed so badly.. I just really need another random pigeon to fly into my yard and that way they can be family, I live way out in the country so I don’t even know how she ended up here.

If if weren’t a metal container believe me I would! I would have to leave the door open and I’m sure all three cats would love that. Ughhhhh
If Dovie is actually a male.... would he leave to find a mate? I honestly can’t tell. All of a sudden she’s cooing a lot and Puffing out her neck.

What breed do you mean? This one is a feral pigeon. I've got one in my loft right now and she's perfectly fine. I know a lot of pigeon fanciers that keep homers that have ferals in their flocks without issues.

Ferals are just escaped domestics that survived on their own, formed flocks, and bred for generations in the wild. But they're still domesticated animals.

What breed do you mean? This one is a feral pigeon. I've got one in my loft right now and she's perfectly fine. I know a lot of pigeon fanciers that keep homers that have ferals in their flocks without issues.

Ferals are just escaped domestics that survived on their own, formed flocks, and bred for generations in the wild. But they're still domesticated animals.
This little one I have is sweet and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom