How do I get em out of there

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
Tomorrow will be day three that one of the chicks has been hatched and inside the incubator. I need to get it out. I also have an egg in there I know is rotten and looks like it could explode at any minute. How do I get the 7 little chicks and the rotten egg out of there without shrink wrapping chicks that are still hatching?????
hu.gif
Please help this is my first incubation and I am at a loss with this one.

Thanks,
Michelle

Get a box ready, grab them all up quickly and take them out, along with the rotten egg, then spritz a mist of warm water inside the incubator, which will help boost the humidity, and then close it back up.

You really need to get the bad egg out. I steam up my small bathroom and take the incubator in there, and move everyone out as quickly as possible. I'd get a ziplock bag and put it around the bad egg before touching it. It sounds like it is going to blow pretty soon. Good luck!

I know some people will mist the eggs as well. I've never done this.

Yup, get that bad egg out. I wouldn't bother trying to carry the incubator into a steamy bathroom - any slight joggling movement could make it just go boom! Open the door and get a baggie round the egg before you pick it up. Then get the chicks, then mist some warm water and close back up and you should be fine. I open my incubator during staggered chick hatches all the time (wouldn't risk it with ducklings though) and I've never had anyone get shrinkwrapped yet...

Back
Top Bottom