How do I get her to come out?

The Fairy Godmartyr

Songster
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Two nights ago, I didn't get home until the sun was starting to set and my 2 1/2 month old chicks had already gone under the coop instead of in it. I was able to chase five of them back out by squirting them with a squirt bottle, but one of my brahmas wouldn't come out no matter what I did. She spent the night under the coop while it stormed all night. She was obviously traumatized because she has refused to come out ever since. I don't think that she is hurt because she will move around under the coop, and if I throw food next to the coop, she'll stick out her head to eat. But she won't come out. I know that she had access to puddles yesterday to drink, but they are all dried up today.

Should I put water where she could reach it, or just assume that she'll eventually come out if she gets thirsty enough? I really don't want her to spend another night outside, but I'm afraid that the more I try to flush her out, the more frightened she will be about "the outside world." Any suggestions?

my 2 hen did the same she even layed egg under there insted of with the other eggs and the thirded hen got killed by something. so ur chicken saw something and got chased and she was scared bad enought 2 not come out, so let the other chickens out and she will hear them and should come out

Last edited:
The other chickens are out. I've even tried locking the older chickens up for part of the day since some of them still pick on the chicks. So she could have come out with the other chicks without the big chickens, and she still wouldn't budge.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom