How do I get my humidity down?

babyboy1_mom

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Louisiana
I put 27 runner eggs in the bator today. My bator was staying steady with temps. & humidity between 50 - 55. After I put the eggs, my humidity has been staying between 65 - 70. The bator floor is pretty full and the eggs are covering pretty much all of the water area. I have a HovaBator that has the plastic insert for the water to go in to.

Does your hovabator have red vent plugs in the top? If so, take one out, flip it over and cover half the hole with it. It should lower your humidity slowly without affecting the temperature.

P.S. I don't fill my plastic tray as the humidity in my house is around 50% already. If the humidity drops below 50%, I will add a small dish of warm water to raise it a bit. The smaller the dish, the less surface area and the smaller the effect.

Last edited:
Thanks newdock. While I was waiting for a reply, then I did some searching. The suggestion that I found to lower humidity was to cover some of the surface area.

Dorothy

Thanks newdock. From what I have read on here tonight, you are very close to having a hatch of your own. Good luck and congrats.

That is my little boy. He was 2 at that time. He will be 4 this June. How the time flies.

Dorothy

Back
Top Bottom