How do I get rid of mites

Sometimes having a lot of "advice" ends up confusing - I mean, lot of suggestions, but all basically the same right?
Easiest thing to do is go to your Tractor Supply or similar store, pick up some Permethrin concentrate, a spray bottle and if possible a small garden sprayer.
Read the label on the concentrate, mix up the permethrin per the label. Treat the birds. Treat the housing. Repeat in 7 day intervals.
View attachment 2354019View attachment 2354020View attachment 2354021
For the housing do the shavings need to be out first? Im assuming yes, but then I’d have to clear them out again in 7 days?

Just found mites on my birds this morning :(

For the housing do the shavings need to be out first? Im assuming yes, but then I’d have to clear them out again in 7 days?

Just found mites on my birds this morning :(
Yes. I would clear the shavings out and dispose of them. And yes, you would want to probably do another clean out in 7 days, so...I would use the smallest amount of bedding as possible when having to do multiple cleanouts - less "waste" but also a little less work too.

Yes. I would clear the shavings out and dispose of them. And yes, you would want to probably do another clean out in 7 days, so...I would use the smallest amount of bedding as possible when having to do multiple cleanouts - less "waste" but also a little less work too.
Well I determined that they are lice, so do I still need to do that since they live on the birds not in the shavings?

Back
Top Bottom