How do i know if its a quitter or not??

redhd077

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
south eastern, ID
Hi I am new to this forum. I am hatching for the 1st time ever! So excited. Today is day 11 and I have one egg that I think might be a quitter but i'm not 100% sure. It is a brown egg and its hard to see, but it looks like it has a blood ring, but only on one side. I tried to get a picture to post but they all come out dark.( if anyone has advice on how to get a good picture let me know) So how do i know it is a quitter?? I don't want to throw it out if its good. Help!!!

I got some pictures of this egg I am worried about. I am now at day 13.

This isn't a very good picture, but best I could get.
82311_dsc00006.jpg

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

As long as it smells OK I would leave it in the bator for a little while. In a few days you will know for sure based on how the other eggs look compared to this one. Good luck with your hatch!

It doesn't smell yet so i guess i will wait. It is one of the few brown eggs i have that i can see in. It doesn't look at all like my white eggs!

Ok so today is day 14 and i took some more pictures of this questionable egg. Does it look like a blood ring?? It doesn't look like any of the others.

82311_100_2670.jpg

82311_100_2669.jpg

Update-

This is day 15 and this egg has been driving me crazy........i opened it up today and it was an early quitter. There was a line of what looked like blood on the shell and the yoke was just runny and look almost scrambled.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom