how do i make more of these...?

Quote:
i doubt the feedstore would go out of their way for me like that... it's the kind of place that people just go buy game cock feed and dog food for their pit bulls... i'm surprise they have bantams there... like i said, it's like straight out of mexico... LOL... it may sound bad, but it's okay because i'm mexican...

but it doesn't hurt to ask right...? i might swing by there tomorrow of the rain clears up...

you just never know they may have a list of who brings in what & when. if so & they are willing to help you then it will just be a process of elimination. & then you might find out exactly how he came to be soo good looking.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
he's huge though... he's a tad bigger than my other OEGB roo's... his feet aren't short enough to be japanese... i have to take some pics of him relaxed and standing up straight... that was when i first got him... i had to chase him around my living room and his tail got kind of beat up... LOL... and i doubt that the person that had him had some seramas... i got him at a feed store that deals with mexican people mostly... not saying they won't have any, but i'm saying that they won't bother with them...

but then again... he doesn't fight like my other OEGB's... OMG can he just be a huge serama...???????? but his tail doesn't touch the back of his head...

just sayinn...

Quote:
thank you... he is gorgeous, and i didn't think twice to buy him... although, he was expensive, he's cute, and might be fun to try to breed out his colors...

His tail doesn't have to touch the back of his head, but it is upright. He's either a japanese (they don't always have the short legs) or a big serama. He might be an OEGB mix, but he's definitely not pure OEGB. They don't carry their tails like that plus the wings are too 'vertical' for an OEGB.

ETA: I can almost guarantee you that he is a serama
smile.png

ETA again: Seramas are classed by weight, the biggest cocks can be up to 19.2 ounces for showing, but they can get bigger than that. Keeping them small involves selective breeding along with genetics
smile.png

Last edited:
okay... so when it stops raining here, i'll do the test... if he's serama, he won't fight an OEGB roo...? or will he fight to defend himself...? how can i be sure other than asking the goons at the feedstore for a xmas miracle...?

He looks very much like a serama!
Also his color is a typical serama mottled look.
The yellow feet are a clue also.

Serama do not have short legs like a japanese, and big serama's are quite common also.

To get more of his kind.
I would use japanese, preferably not in a solid color.

Just keep backcrossing to him to get there fastest...
wink.png

so now i'm a lot more confused... do i get him a serama pullet...? they might be easier for me to get locally.. or should i try a japanese mottled...? OEGB mottled....?

one of each...
shrug.gif

Last edited:
Any rooster will fight another rooster. The fight may end quickly, but they will give it a try. Since he may or may not be a purebred, and since you seem to be breeding primarily for color, why not try whatever you can get in the way of mottled hens?

Back
Top Bottom