How do I make my chicken like me?

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
They are 7 weeks old and ALWAYS run away from me, I tried moving slowly with not as strong movements but it didn't work, I have tried everything but they just dont like me, they are even scard when we walk into the room where they are to hold them, I hold them every single day for 1 hour. They are so scard, what should I do, how do I make them like me and follow me around, I was reading a thread were a chicken followed the owner around, how do I get that kind of trust, they are in a dog pen right now and there are 4 of them.

Flockincrazy

Crowing
May 23, 2020
Elyria, Ohio
They are 7 weeks old and ALWAYS run away from me, I tried moving slowly with not as strong movements but it didn't work, I have tried everything but they just dont like me, they are even scard when we walk into the room where they are to hold them, I hold them every single day for 1 hour. They are so scard, what should I do, how do I make them like me and follow me around, I was reading a thread were a chicken followed the owner around, how do I get that kind of trust, they are in a dog pen right now and there are 4 of them.
Treats every time you go in to hold them take them treats pick them up give them a treat they will associate you holding them with getting a treat they will love you forever

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Treats every time you go in to hold them take them treats pick them up give them a treat they will associate you holding them with getting a treat they will love you forever
What type of treats should I feed them? I got mealworms, but only 2 of them like the mealworms, sometimes I feed them strawberries and they LOVE them, but what else?

AnnaWolf

Songster
Dec 8, 2019
The Netherlands, Flushing
Do you know what their favorite food is?
Mine like meelworms and scratch seeds.
I had adult birds who were very flighty, the first 2 weeks when I entered the run I call them by a tutututut noise, I sat in the run and tossed some scratch around me and didn't move for about 15 minites by they 2 they know what you throw around they like so they wil show interest. Keep this going for a week. The second week i threw a little scratch around me and my hand full of scrath, by the end of week 2 they were coming to me when I entered the run and when I call them when they are in the garden they will run to me. 1 of my birds always follows me my husband and comes to sit on my lap by free will, she was 3 months when I started to handle her.
Good luck!!

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Do you know what their favorite food is?
Mine like meelworms and scratch seeds.
I had adult birds who were very flighty, the first 2 weeks when I entered the run I call them by a tutututut noise, I sat in the run and tossed some scratch around me and didn't move for about 15 minites by they 2 they know what you throw around they like so they wil show interest. Keep this going for a week. The second week i threw a little scratch around me and my hand full of scrath, by the end of week 2 they were coming to me when I entered the run and when I call them when they are in the garden they will run to me. 1 of my birds always follows me my husband and comes to sit on my lap by free will, she was 3 months when I started to handle her.
Good luck!!
Thank you!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom