How do I "persuade" my hens to go broody again?

I read somewhere recently that if a hen is too fat, it will even deter her laying eggs. If I find where I read it again, I will post it. On the other hand, I have one that is skin and bones and has not laid an egg in 2 months.

Quote:
I was thinking a little Barry White piped in to the coop?
wink.png

Quote:
LOL. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!!!!!!!!!!!

Layer feed has nothing to do with prohibiting broodiness.
Being fat will STOP a hen from laying.
Being fat has nothing to do with broodiness.

For me. I raise thai and ganoi chickens, my thai hens dont gave me any eggs if they are too bone. When they are fat, not as fat as your but just fat enough. lol. I get eggs. And when I feed them layer, I usaully stop feeding it to them when I get around 7 eggs because I want them to stop at 12 or 13 eggs before broody. my thai hens will just keep on laying non stop if I dont do that. I didnt say its gona prohibiting broodiness. Its just gona increase more eggs untill they go broody,.... understand. You have your ways, I have my ways.

Oh yea, try fatten your chickens sometime, they may gave you more eggs in the future.lol.

Last edited:
This is really off topic, but I think it is funny that there are several threads of folks trying to break the girls from being broody, and this one trying to get a bird in the mood. Maybe there should be a broody swap program on BYC.
wink.png

Quote:
I was thinking a little Barry White piped in to the coop?
wink.png

LOL.. With a really deep voiced rooster kinda crowing it out.. in a little tux..

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom