How do I reinforce this door?

debonatrix

Songster
Sep 5, 2022
Hello!

How do I reinforce this door so a predator can’t push it I ?

Attachments

• B7CE44C0-1105-4E44-B422-9AEC8DA780EE.jpeg
    B7CE44C0-1105-4E44-B422-9AEC8DA780EE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Do you mean how to latch it? Or how to keep them from coming in the bottom?

The wire ties you are using to attach your hardware cloth are pretty far apart (on the gate and on the other sections), something could potentially push in there. And wire ties get brittle with age in the sun and could snap, so you may want to lace/wrap the whole edge with tie wire or something similar.

The wire ties you are using to attach your hardware cloth are pretty far apart (on the gate and on the other sections), something could potentially push in there. And wire ties get brittle with age in the sun and could snap, so you may want to lace/wrap the whole edge with tie wire or something similar.
I mean pushing the bottom inwards specifically. They is my main concern. The rest I’ll work on. 😊

Personally I'd install a second latch at the bottom similar to the one you have higher up. Otherwise drive a stake into the ground as a 'stop' at the bottom (sort of where I've marked it in red but behind the gate!) - be prepared to fall over it :)

Just for info, you can buy stainless steel versions of those ties which may last longer.

1664306556134.png

Thank you! I will do that. :)

Personally I'd install a second latch at the bottom similar to the one you have higher up. Otherwise drive a stake into the ground as a 'stop' at the bottom (sort of where I've marked it in red but behind the gate!) - be prepared to fall over it :)

Just for info, you can buy stainless steel versions of those ties which may last longer.

View attachment 3273515
Thank you! Honestly, I have zero idea why I didn't think of metal zip ties to begin with. :(

Back
Top Bottom