Solved How do I stop the BYC emails?

DuckyDonna

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
I have every email box unchecked in my profile and yet I get at least a hundred emails a day and I just don't have the time to look at each one. Does anyone know how to stop this?

I personally think it's a software/web site problem but I don't know what to do about it. I know someone else who has every email box checked on her profile but yet she gets none. I hope there is an expert out there that can help! Thank you!

I believe it is some sort of glitch or website problem.
It isn't.
Go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/watched/threads
Select all threads using the checkbox, and then click "Disable email notification".
1594252216455.png

There IS a glitch where any threads that were watched before the transition to this format (a year or so ago I think) will now send e-mails when someone comments even if they didn't previous to the upgrade. When I get an e-mail from one, I just go to it, unwatch, then re-watch without e-mail notifications and it stops for that thread.

I do have it set to e-mail me if someone replies to a thread that I created so I don't want to kill them all, but I always watch without e-mail if it is someone elses thread.

It doesn't bother me, but it is an existing glitch that I have seen and saw talk of from others when the changeover first happened.

There IS a glitch where any threads that were watched before the transition to this format (a year or so ago I think) will now send e-mails when someone comments even if they didn't previous to the upgrade. When I get an e-mail from one, I just go to it, unwatch, then re-watch without e-mail notifications and it stops for that thread.

I do have it set to e-mail me if someone replies to a thread that I created so I don't want to kill them all, but I always watch without e-mail if it is someone elses thread.

It doesn't bother me, but it is an existing glitch that I have seen and saw talk of from others when the changeover first happened.
Yes, So I did what I was told and so far I've already gotten 50 emails today so I'm thinking that what I did is NOT working! The day is still young too!

Back
Top Bottom