How do I tell what gender my ducks are?

Sgsf

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
My topic title basically states the question. I'm honestly confused at what gender they are, and they need some names.

Quote:
well we need some pics and ages and we'll help ya. other than that most ducks unless Muscovy will get a drake feather at the bottom of their tail it will curl up I think at about 5 months. and the other way is by listening to their quack, girls quack real loud boys more of a soft raspy noise, again except Muscovies.

Males have one curled feather in their tail when they get older. If you are trying to sex the little ones, listen to them. The females will be Mouthy; The higher pitched cheep. Males will only mutter lower pitched cheeps.

Quote:
well we need some pics and ages and we'll help ya. other than that most ducks unless Muscovy will get a drake feather at the bottom of their tail it will curl up I think at about 5 months. and the other way is by listening to their quack, girls quack real loud boys more of a soft raspy noise, again except Muscovies.

I believe I have Chocolate Muscovies....

ducks012.jpg

ducks011.jpg

ducks010.jpg

ducks008.jpg

ducks005.jpg

Quote:
They are at least 3 months. I'm not sure if they are 4, but I'd probably just stick with 3.

They look like twins. are they sibs? heres my duckling at 10 weeks.
42327_img_2354.jpg

just to get an idea about the carnicles. [Drake]

Last edited:
Quote:
They are at least 3 months. I'm not sure if they are 4, but I'd probably just stick with 3.

They look like twins. are they sibs? heres my duckling at 10 weeks. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42327_img_2354.jpg

Sorry, we just confirmed it's 5 months, not 3.

And I'm not too sure. We got them from a lady that was selling them together, and we bought both of them. They have grown up together, also.

Quote:
They look like twins. are they sibs? heres my duckling at 10 weeks. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42327_img_2354.jpg

Sorry, we just confirmed it's 5 months, not 3.

And I'm not too sure. We got them from a lady that was selling them together, and we bought both of them. They have grown up together, also.

Then I'd say for sure drakes. they are handsome boys, are you going to add some girls into the mix?

Back
Top Bottom