How do u feed/water flock w/out them pooping in it?

I hang my feeder about a foot off the ground, the waterer even on blocks they tend to stand on it and poop in it....you have to clean it often. I have never used the nipples that everyone is talking about and really don't know what they are even...

I use the little giant automatic chicken waterer and LOVE it! I have used the 3-gallon chicken waterers before, and they are miserable to unscrew and fill everyday. I have never had any poop in my water. I wipe it out with a bottle brush once a day to get the stuff out that falls from their beaks. My feeder is on blocks and I rarely have poop in it because they have several other places to hang out in the run.

I did mine nice and simple!

61023_img_0805.jpg

Our waterer is a hanging kitty litter bucket with a lid...has 4 nipple waterers in the bottom, cost about $6 for the nipple waterers. No problems yet with the birds getting on top of it.

We are using a 10# hanging feeder with fins/dividers to prevent billing/scratching...I put a margarine lid on top of the feed...as the feed goes down it covers the feed...so far have not found any evidence that the birds are able to get up on the handle.

Last edited:
We took out water-er and put it onto a crate that we sawed in half. It is just right in height for the girls to drink from
smile.png
Avoid putting it below where they roost

Back
Top Bottom