How do we manage to get into these situations? Collected another "Slightly Damaged Stray"...

Absolutely gorgeous horse, and sounds like a sweetheart. Thanks so much for pulling him out of a horrible situation. No matter where he ends up going, seems to me that the both of you have already given him a chance unlike any he has ever had.

JD, I am pretty sure I know where it'll lead to...straight to the poor house! :lol:

He is a good boy, and he does deserve someone to give him a chance. Truth be told, I love this guy already. He's just so sweet and beautiful. In reality, we know this is a stupid thing to do. Financially, it's the dumbest thing we've done in a long time...but this boy deserves a better life, and we want to see that he has it.

I'm sure those feet do hurt him Red. They look worse in person. Not even really hooves...just...reminds me of tree bark.

Em, I'm not sure I could have walked away, having seen him. He is a beautiful horse. With the good karma you're building, I'm sure the financial side will work out.

Thats how I ended up with one of my dogs, some lady in a parking lot threatening to "turn him loose" if I don't take him. He was skinny, scared and full of parasites, and it cost me a ton of money to get him healthy and neutered. Now hes a fun little guy that bears almost no resemblance to the filthy, sick, skinny dog I brought home 2 yrs ago.

Well the vet called our trainer this morning, he had a few cancellations, so we got bumped up. Gus is in surgery now.

We had to stand in the rain for at least an hour to get him loaded into the trailer. He got mad at Sparky (the Trainer) and decided to be stubborn. He was standing on a corral panel he'd knocked over, and refused to move his foot. You could tell by the look on his face that he was mad, and wanted to prove to us that we couldn't make him move if he didn't wanna. Reminded me a lot of someone....uh...me. :/

Last edited:
Even though we're just teens and therefore can't donate ourselves, my friend Miriam and I have been sharing this with everyone we know. She even shared it with all of her facebook horse groups, FFA, Vet tech, and even her Harry Potter fanclubs! Hopefully we'll be getting some donations soon!!

pretty boy. the last stray dog that showed up here cost me two surgeries and a heartworm treatment.

lisa

I really appreciate it you guys. I haven't updated here yet, so here's a "GusDate"...

He came out of his surgery fine and was standing up and doing well around 4:30 today. He'll be there under observation until Thursday. That's all I know tonight. Hopefully the vet will let me know more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Also snapped a few pictures of Gus...None of them are very good, because he was in the round pen getting ready to load him in the pouring rain to go to the vet...

Back
Top Bottom