How do we manage to get into these situations? Collected another "Slightly Damaged Stray"...

"Collects slightly damaged strays." What a pair the two of you are.
hugs.gif

How do a horse's feet get in that sort of shape?

A lot of neglect.
sad.png
I don't think he's ever had a visit from a farrier in his life. sorta dreading the first time we bring one out...which won't be too far in future...

Seems silly I suppose...but I got a bit choked up a couple times tonight just standing there watching him...We've had him not even a week, and already he has life in his eyes that wasn't there before...he's had such a hard life and now, he's getting his second chance...It's definitely worth it.

"Collects slightly damaged strays." What a pair the two of you are.
hugs.gif

George, you know me. I am a sucker for things that are sad and suffering. The smart thing would have been to let the guy shoot Gus or at least have him put down myself... but I seldom do the smart thing. And I firmly believe the smart thing and the right thing are sometimes different.

I don't know how we will swing getting this surgery and other stuff paid for, but no matter the cost to me personally or what I have to go through and sacrifice to get him fixed up and healthy I know I'll sleep just fine.

If I had walked away... I might not have been able to live with it.

I know, I know... I'm a fool.
hide.gif

But when I am just leaning in the barn door watching Emily rubbing him and talking to him when she doesn't know I'm watching?

Priceless and worth every penny.

Blue, it's not hard to see why I fell in love with them. I'm an incredibly lucky woman. :)

There aren't many men who would look at that sad creature in that wooded pasture and decide to fix him against everyone else's advice just because I loved him. We've had people offer us horses in perfect health, completely trained, for just what we spent on Gus in vet bills. They all sorta get this look on their face like we're from another planet when Terry says "She wants THAT one." ;)

Back
Top Bottom