How do y'all set up your breeding pens?

My pens are 20x20 and 10 feet tall. All heavy duty panels with doors,
They are predator proof except for a snake, LOL have 1/2 roofs on them and roost, and half a dog house for a nest.
In the summer I put the small wading pools in, I drill holes in the bottom, put in top soil, sand, DE and a few shavings just to make it interesting, you know they are nosey, for their dust baths and that is where they usually lat the eggs.
I keep one Tom to a max of 5 hens, but usually there are 4.

Breeding pens? Oh that's what they are doing all over the yard!

Funny story......one of my customers brought her kids out to play with the animals and while we were talking Frankie, one of our midget white toms, hopped on top of one of the squatters. Customer didn't want to explain to her nine year old what was going on, so she told him that the boy turkey was walkinig on the other turkeys back cause its back hurt. Just like when she had her kids walk on her back. Kid says oh and off they go. This was a few weeks ago. She just found out she's pregnant and now must explain the birds and the bees, so she uses the turkeys as an example. Well her hubby gets home and her son wants to know if he dances around on moms back until she lifts her tail.

We only have one breed of turkeys. Well besides my pet BBW and even though Frankie LOVES her nothing is happening there. We just let ours wonder where they will. Four toms, soon to be three, and seven hens (not counting the pet) Thankfully they always go back into their camper to lay their eggs. Though they do like to sit in the duck/goose house on really cold days, but that's only because it has a huge window to sun in.

Breeding pens? Oh that's what they are doing all over the yard!

Funny story......one of my customers brought her kids out to play with the animals and while we were talking Frankie, one of our midget white toms, hopped on top of one of the squatters. Customer didn't want to explain to her nine year old what was going on, so she told him that the boy turkey was walkinig on the other turkeys back cause its back hurt. Just like when she had her kids walk on her back. Kid says oh and off they go. This was a few weeks ago. She just found out she's pregnant and now must explain the birds and the bees, so she uses the turkeys as an example. Well her hubby gets home and her son wants to know if he dances around on moms back until she lifts her tail.

We only have one breed of turkeys. Well besides my pet BBW and even though Frankie LOVES her nothing is happening there. We just let ours wonder where they will. Four toms, soon to be three, and seven hens (not counting the pet) Thankfully they always go back into their camper to lay their eggs. Though they do like to sit in the duck/goose house on really cold days, but that's only because it has a huge window to sun in.

yuckyuck.gif
tehe, how funny!

Back
Top Bottom