How do you breed a Frizzle?

Iv'e got eggs in the bator that are standard Del and bantam Friz. Any one got this cross and what to expect? Will any of them be Frizzled. I had a chick cross of this kind before that wasn't Frizzed but then I had a hen who was non frizzed from the group I ordered so the chick may have been hers. These the mom is defi. bantam FRiz. They are due to hatch at 4/29-30. If they hatch. 3 Eggs candled showed signs of something going on.

Quote:
I understand that Turkens do ok in the winter and I would expect that Friz's do ok too. My bantams had a heat light, cuz I worried. Chickens seem to generate alot of heat. Feeding them extra corn in the winter does too from what I've read. My hen has fuzz under her feathers. I think Friz cochins are different. I met a woman who had a semi frizzed RIR and she lives up north in a colder area. I'd suggest just keeping Frizzed and non frizzed together.

Last edited:
I have a Frizzled Turken roo and he did fine (along with my other Turkens). I did read somewhere that Frizzles don't do as well in the cold, but I read that after winter had passed. I didn't have any heat in my coop, either.

I live in Pennsylvania, and not New England, for whatever it's worth!

Back
Top Bottom