How do you breed a Frizzle?

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
How can I breed a Black Frizzle Cochin? Can I breed it with a Silkie or do I need a Cochin? I am wanting the look to stay the same as a Black Frizzle Cochin. Any suggestions or pics would be wonderful. In advance Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are looking to breed basic frizzle's then stick with a black cochin for breeding.If you mix with a black silkie you will be breeding a "sizzle".I am trying to start some "sizzle's" of my own and will be adding a showgirl silky in later I have hatched.I know wont be show quailty or standard breeding's but have seen many beautiful bird's from these.I raised frizzles for 5 year's and kept a fair ratio of pure cohin bantam's X frizzle's for breeding.Here is a pic of one my frizzle/ polish I hatched.And a NN frizzle hehe.
49477_birds_27th_011.jpg

49477_chix_003.jpg

Last edited:
if you already have the roo, then breed him with 2 straight feathered black cochin hen.

You'll get 50-50 offsprings, frizzled/ straight.

first are your frizzles hens or roos ? don't breed frizzle to frizzle you get birds with very poor feathers. If they are hens get a bantam cochin roo. If you have frizzle roo then get bantam cochin hens. unless you have standard frizzles, however the vast majority of frizzles are bantys. her is one of my frizzles
38899_100_1771.jpg

I don't mean to interrupt this thread but have always wondered if Frizzles would do well with New England winters. If their feathers go 'backwards', then how do they keep themselves warm?

Back
Top Bottom