how do you collect your hatching eggs?

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
i was wondering how you collected and stored your hatching eggs because i only keep mine at room temp over night and then throw them in but then i have this huge long staggered hatch and i want everyone to hatch together so how do you do it and still maintain the integrety of the egg?

I have not stored my eggs yet for hatching. Get my breeding rooster tomorrow and the others are only 4 mouths old. I do know you should put them in all at once, except chicks and ducks hatching together (I don't have ducks). I think it is under 60. I think I'm going to get a wine cooler for this because I don't have a basement. Try using the search at the top right.

Mine go in the kitchen cabinet in a carton under the sink area. It's the North facing side of the house, and it stays cooler under there. that's what you are looking for is a slightly below room temp place to store them for a week.

I've read that the ideal temp is anywhere from 50*F to 60*F
I do like the pp and store them under my kitchen sink where it's cooler and more humid than room temp.

I only wanted to save up a doz and it only took about 3 days. I'm also hatching some older eggs that were given to me and I know she stored them in her enclosed porch to keep them cool. They are darker so I haven't seen inside them. I guess we'll see how things turn out in the end.

ive been popping some in every morning before i leave and i have hatch dates coming out me ears. im just afraid of storing them i guess. i dont want them to go to wase
wink.png
so i just set them! i have about 20 in there from my EE's, bantam ameraucanas, and seramas. and i have two more waiting to go in tomorrow. i also dont want to sell until i know what the hatch was like, and i feel kind of greedy and just want to keep them for myself and hatch hatch hatch.

I have 6 sitting in a carton (pointy end down) on my counter awaiting other eggs that have been shipped. I will stick them all in the bator at one time.

Back
Top Bottom