how do you collect your hatching eggs?

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
i was wondering how you collected and stored your hatching eggs because i only keep mine at room temp over night and then throw them in but then i have this huge long staggered hatch and i want everyone to hatch together so how do you do it and still maintain the integrety of the egg?

SilkieTime

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Joelton Tn.
I have not stored my eggs yet for hatching. Get my breeding rooster tomorrow and the others are only 4 mouths old. I do know you should put them in all at once, except chicks and ducks hatching together (I don't have ducks). I think it is under 60. I think I'm going to get a wine cooler for this because I don't have a basement. Try using the search at the top right.

Cindiloohoo

Quiet as a Church Mouse
11 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Southwest TN
Mine go in the kitchen cabinet in a carton under the sink area. It's the North facing side of the house, and it stays cooler under there. that's what you are looking for is a slightly below room temp place to store them for a week.

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
I've read that the ideal temp is anywhere from 50*F to 60*F
I do like the pp and store them under my kitchen sink where it's cooler and more humid than room temp.

I only wanted to save up a doz and it only took about 3 days. I'm also hatching some older eggs that were given to me and I know she stored them in her enclosed porch to keep them cool. They are darker so I haven't seen inside them. I guess we'll see how things turn out in the end.

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
ive been popping some in every morning before i leave and i have hatch dates coming out me ears. im just afraid of storing them i guess. i dont want them to go to wase
wink.png
so i just set them! i have about 20 in there from my EE's, bantam ameraucanas, and seramas. and i have two more waiting to go in tomorrow. i also dont want to sell until i know what the hatch was like, and i feel kind of greedy and just want to keep them for myself and hatch hatch hatch.

Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
I have 6 sitting in a carton (pointy end down) on my counter awaiting other eggs that have been shipped. I will stick them all in the bator at one time.

Top Bottom