how do you create your own website?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silky_3699, Aug 21, 2011.

1. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    title says it all

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Well, there are some websites that let you create one for free... I use www.webs.com

3. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    The most important thing is to get a domain name that is not already taken and one that people will remember.

4. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Do you know html? Are you asking how to create one from scratch-as in you actually write the code? I use an Adobe program called Dreamweaver. I recently took a class (part of my Graphic Design program) and we needed to create our own website for a portfolio. I had never used the program or html before but by the end of the 6 weeks with a lot of help I was able to make my own website. Of course we had to create all the art work that goes into it ourselves which is a whole other can of worms.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Oh man these days there are so many approaches. I'm a real geek/nerd who writes mine from scratch (I'm talking notepad, not some program to do it for me) however there's programs out there that can do it for you, such as FrontPage and Dreamweaver, there's hosting sites that help make it for you (such as Webs and Google) and then there's simply learning the code, (HTML) which though to some is hard, it is the best route, as it allows your website to look much more original and professional. [​IMG]

6. theredroosta

theredroosta Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Many different ways to do this. Mainly html coding or using website building tools. Your own domain name costs money, while there are places to get a free one but usually with a catch.

7. theredroosta

theredroosta Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Quote:Use notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Offers syntax highlighting, plugin support, line numbering, space and indention settings.

Makes coding for any language easy.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by