How do you feed OATS to chickens?

Quote:
You don't have to cook oats. I feed it to them either raw or I soak them over a night or two. When I soak them I will either use water or apple juice ( apple juice being better ).
To soak them all you have to do is add the amount of oats that you think you are going to use to a bucket then add water/apple juice to cover them about 2 or 3 inches. By the second day most if not all of the liquid should be soaked up by the oats.

Chris

I use whole oats (uncooked) as part of my regular feed mix. The chickens LOVE em!

Chris.. I like that suggestion of soaking the oats...especially in the apple juice. I'll hafta try that, thanks!

Oh good heavens! No you do not have to cook oats for your chickens. They're chickens, people! Seriously! An oat is a seed, birds eat seeds, chickens are birds.
th.gif

Quote:
Yup. Took two pages of posts to get to this.

Cooking I guess would be a treat. I guess. Not so sure they would even prefer it.

Whole oats are great for chickens. You don't have to cook them.. You can if you want though.. I'm sure the price of oats is going to go through the roof again as well..along with corn....
tongue.gif

um... now I advise you get the Quaker instant oatmeak, preferablethe apples and spice kind. make sure you cook it to the correct temperature to get the correct consistancy. Let it cool down so as not to burn their little tongues when you spoon it out to them. Sometimes you can add a few nicely browned pieced of bacon on the side. Maybe a slice of toast with butter and jelly?

take it down to the fluffy butt hut and enter SLOWLY. for heavens sake they are still snoring at this hour of 9 AM. Wake them with the smell of warm oatmeal and bacon.

58585_bird.jpg

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom