How do you gather your eggs?

I usually use pockets of coat or pants. Yes have smashed them by accidentally running into things with my side, breaking them by leaning down and hear that fateful crack and wetness. I even have tucked in bra( it was wired and I stood up and stretched and CRACK! ) . I have a lovely antique basket but you'd have to remember it! :wee:wee:eek:View attachment 2932125so mostly I use whatever's handy and hope I don't smash them
I use a plastic colander, I have several and rotate. When I have 2 dozen I soak in a commercial egg wash and refrigerate.

I usually use pockets of coat or pants. Yes have smashed them by accidentally running into things with my side, breaking them by leaning down and hear that fateful crack and wetness. I even have tucked in bra( it was wired and I stood up and stretched and CRACK! ) . I have a lovely antique basket but you'd have to remember it! :wee:wee:eek:View attachment 2932125so mostly I use whatever's handy and hope I don't smash them

I usually go out when I get home from work in my dirty work clothes, do I just lift the hew if my T-shirt for a handy pouch, it’s in front of me so no running I to anything, tho it’s dark and I have put an already cracked egg in my pouch, all in all it’s the best solution I have.

Pockets, shirt pulled out and up to make a “pouch”, old buckets, coffee cans, box or whatever else I can find nearby because I’m hardly ever prepared lol Then I end up with a bunch of containers on my porch...that I never remember to grab
Yup, the cans and buckets and all are too much of a handful and get left behind, my T-shirt never does.

village_2x.gif

I designed and made egg collecting aprons. It holds 6 eggs. Here is a picture before I finished it.

I love the print of the roosters. I thought I would make them to sell but I am not much of a salesperson. So far, I have just given them away.

Attachments

• 20200715_080900.jpg
    20200715_080900.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom