How do you get rid of ants?!?

Line whatever area they are getting in at with salt and it will stop them, no kidding, it's how I handle our ant problem b/c my kids and cats get into everything and I worry about having poison around. Works like a charm for a quick fix, like other said, some caulking would be best.

For tiny sugar ants, this works great: Mix about 2 tablespoons of jelly with 1/2 tsp Borox (laundry additive) and put it in their path. Day 1 you'll see about a million ants eating from it, the next day maybe a dozen or so, the next day zero. Borox kills them and the jelly attracts them, so they eat it, they tell all their friends where to find it and they take some back in their "community stomach" for the queen and nest workers and it kills everyone.

It doesn't just block their entrance into the house or kill just the workers (like sprays). It kills the whole ant colony and thats the only thing that will keep them gone.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I can't use any type of poison because I have a dog who eats everything and two girls who put their hands in everything. I can't use caulk, because they are coming in through a spot by the air vents. I used the citrus idea and pretty much soaked the walls, the floors and lined the vent area with it. It's working pretty well. There's actually an ant who won't go back into where he came from because of it.
lol.png

My favourite answer on a gardening radio show on how to get rid of ants was a trail of suger into next doors garden.

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom