How Do You Go on Vacation?

Pics
hey! fellow-hermit! Nice to meet you. I knew there had to be others enjoying the ultimate excuse for my (unnatural) instinct to never leave the house or visit anyone. Go-lockdown!

This has been such an awesome year for me, and I feel so guilty for being happy during all the global suffering. I wake up like every day is christmas morning. Another day at home!

Rising tide does not raise all ships. Some of us are on blocks in the backyard, happily landlocked.
I was and still am!

Hahahah vacation what's that? :lau

Since we've gotten chickens my husband and I have traveled together once, for 4 days, and my neighbor checked in on the birds, picked up eggs, and opened/closed the coop for us.
Otherwise if I'm visiting family/friends I've been going by myself. And he's been going by himself. We haven't taken an actual vacation-vacation in... uh, probably 15 years? :hmm
Me neither, but I'm fine staying home.
My friends and family don't understand how I can stand to be home but I love it!

I'd pay $20 a day for reliable help!
We usually leave for quite a stent, Wednesday to Sunday usually, 4 days if you include Sunday morning/Wednsday night. It also depends on the person and how much they're doing. If we have the horses here, we pay more. Now that we have added a Rabbit, fish, and yet another chicken flock to the farm, we usually pay more hahaha!

O found the answer. You tolk to one of those people who slow down to look at mamma and chicks or your broad range of breeds and then give them some chickens tada you have a local caretaker that you can swap off with when they need it and back and forth.
That is what I have done in the last few days although I'll confess they had been given a random bird from somewhere. Well of course I gave them one of my newer girls because no chicken should be alone and discussion was had and a roo was promised. Then they came and picked from one of my newer roos. and I aim to give them a couple more so that they will have enough together to stay warm this winter. They are good people with rambuncious boys and will have a baby girl in march or so. And being a proffesional Paw Paw well that is just fuel on the flames. (esp since I had all boys and wanted a girl) So that is the best way to get a chicken sitter just make one.

Back
Top Bottom