how do you guys wait?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by VioletandBodie, Aug 14, 2010.

1. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Songster

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    I'm getting 3 polishes (and iv Benn bribing my mom for a Rhode Island Red:) ) but the soonest the shipping dates are August 16 August, 23 August, and August 30 (we cant do later because no one will be there to get them when they arrive) and i cant wait its terrible how do you guys do it! its to long mom isn't buying the supplies till we get chicks so all i have is the brooder and light so i cant fidget with that and i cant build there run by myself (pulse I'm going to pition them to be house chickens:D i just cant Wait I'm to excited:)

2. I stay pretty busy; that's the main thing that keeps me from looking at the eggs every minute that I'm awake. Fixing meals, feeding dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, guineas, horses; making sure everyone has water (especially in this heat). But the anticipation still hovers at the edge of everything I do!

3. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Forever! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    The chicks I have in the brooder right now I ordered in February of 2010. (8/2 hatching)
    It is hard to be patient. I was not so good, in the mean time whilst waiting, I ordered 20 other chicks who came in June and have since moved into the coop that was built for the chicks currently in the brooder.

I am a chicken addict and I have no wish to accept the things I cannot change.
    Caroline

5. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Songster

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    I suggest keeping yourself busy doing chores for your mom.. showing her how responsible you are. [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    If you are new to chickens you can spend lots of time learning about how to take good care of them. The thought of house chickens sounds fun but they really do enjoy being outside and doing the chicken thing...scratching, pecking, eating dirt...bugs...weeds...etc. etc. Plus one can never really be prepared for how much they poop.
    Enjoy your babies when they come and post some photos for us to see.

7. i've waited over a year for my first chicks (i did not order through a hatchery) and today, i got 4 pullets!

8. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Quote:Congratulations!!!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Apparently I don't wait very well at all.... I have eggs coming for my incubator, and they were shipped yesterday.

Today I went to the feed store to get 50# of feed for the flock, plus some chick starter for the five little olive eggers in the brooder, and of course I look at all the bins of chicks.

The feed store had some Black Jersey Giants! And some Light Brahmas! They've always been OUT of those when I go there to BUY chicks. The 5 chicks in the brooder at home are 8 days old.

Well, now they have two new little cousins brooding with them.

10. CorporateGranola

CorporateGranola Chirping

Aug 4, 2010
    South GA Swamp
    Luke13:34 :

I suggest keeping yourself busy doing chores for your mom.. showing her how responsible you are. [​IMG]

Quoted for Truth​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by