How do you handle unwanted evangelists who knock at your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Maybe they really like you
smile.png
I would tell them of your dilemma with the times they come...they would gladly change it

Maybe you should ask them how babies are made?

Seems to be the ultimate uncomfortable question of the universe..

Hmmm... I sense some hostility there....
smile.png

And if you really want to know...it all started with a boy...and a girl...
lol.png

But seriously....they've heard it all....it doesn't deter them in their preaching, they just get a good laugh sometimes or they just feel bad for the people.

What I really don't get is this....they insist on passing out their literature to people they know are Christians. If they are concerned with passing on the message of Salvation, they are kind of being redundant in trying to "convert" Christians to christianity, aren't they? My sis is JW and she will send me large envelopes of their doctrinal information....and she knows full well I'm already saved by the blood of Christ.

Or is it that their religion is one of works and they must simply do the knocking on doors and sending info to "earn" their way into Heaven? I know my sis "shunned" her daughter when she stopped going to church~had to due to church laws. Wasn't allowed to speak to her at all and they live next door to each other. I can't imagine shunning my children...or anyone else for that matter...just because they no longer go to my church.
sad.png

Quote:
Do they ever ask you what is is precisely you are not interested in? Maybe if you offered them a basis for why you are not interested...they would stop.Of course you don't have to offer that...I am just trying to help you get the point across to them.Seems like they are not getting the right vibe from you?

No, they don't ask and I don't offer, as I do not feel the need to explain myself to a stranger at my door. I would think that having me refuse to listen and close the door on them would be a sure sign that they are not wanted here.

If you feel that strongly...you could call the local Kingdom Hall yourself...and speak with someone.They could take it from there...

Quote:
It's a long story but not appropriate for this thread...pm me if you would like some more info on the "shunning"
smile.png

Quote:
Maybe you should ask them how babies are made?

Seems to be the ultimate uncomfortable question of the universe..

Hmmm... I sense some hostility there....
smile.png

And if you really want to know...it all started with a boy...and a girl...
lol.png

But seriously....they've heard it all....it doesn't deter them in their preaching, they just get a good laugh sometimes or they just feel bad for the people.

I don't wanna know! I don't wanna know!

put a alka selzer in your mouth and when the white foam starts running out of your mouth answer the door and start growling.THEY WONT BE BACK
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Anytime
smile.png
It is sad when someone does something against God's word.It makes it hard on that person and the family...as well as others.
But anyway, if you don't fully understand the religion...you can't possibly understand how it works...and your reaction and feelings are typical of a family member that doesn't know the whole of the religion.What i am trying to say is...sorry you feel confused/upset with it.
sad.png
I hope it works out for your sister and her DD.

Quote:
I'd be interested in how/why they shun their children....
Is that a individual decision? or is it required by the church?

Since I live in a rural area I simply do not open the door to strangers who happen to make it to my front porch. I get very few people here who are not expected. If I know someone is scheduled to come by I put up the dogs. Otherwise my rottie is very, very persuasive in making people want very much to stay in their cars. With him there eyeballing them through their window they don't seem to spend much time waiting to see if anybody is forthcoming from the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom