How Do You Keep A Chicken In?!

Chicky131

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 20, 2010
I have a millie fluer bantam (I think
idunno.gif
) and it's been doing pretty good at staying in but for some reason it wants to come out SO BAD! I put brick's in between the cracks in my run but it always finds a way to get out!
rant.gif
Is there anyway of keeping my crazy girl IN?!

That's her on the right...

72353_img_1310.jpg

How do you keep your chickens the run?

I have a silly little hen that always gets out of the coop. I let them roam free in the garden, but she ALWAYS gets out befor I open the coop for them. I have also packed bricks and stones, but SOMEHOW she always gets out! She's like a little houdini! when I do find SOME way to keep her in, I'll let you know. until then, enjoy the Houdini show!
wink.png

I have a 6' fence that used to have electrified wire just above it. Now and then, someone wanted in... or out. I have watched them sort of flap and walk up the fence, and get over. Amazing little critters.

good luck, keep plugging holes as you find them is about all i could suggest. i thought i had our vege garden well fenced, no one had gotten in there for ages, was feeling quite pleased with myself. then the other day i found a nest with eggs in it in the middle of the straw on the pumpkin mound. guess it wasn't as effective as i'd thought
idunno.gif

It's going to be some work, but I'd suggest taking your wire all the way to the ground, and even bury it maybe six inches. She'll never get out again, and it'll be less likely that anything nasty will get IN either.

Back
Top Bottom