How do you keep a lonely hen happy?

Clooks

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to BYC and have a question about my hen that I would like help with!
A few years ago we adopted 4 ex-battery hens, and now only have one lonely hen left. Whilst she still had a friend (who was put to sleep a few days ago)
sad.png
I helped my friend who needed a new home for her 3 hens. They are younger, stronger and picked on my ex bats too much. Now I am re-homing them and my 2nd to last bat is gone I have one lonely hen!

If anyone has any ideas what I can do for her I would be grateful! I know food can provide good enrichment but I would rather her not get fat!
lol.png
I have hung up a few old CDs but she doesn't seem to phased, I just feel sorry for her all on her own.

Thanks guys and look forward to my time at BYC!

. You may want to add a stuffed animal she can lay by. (This is usually used for baby birds but has been used for adults as well) As long as you get to spend adequate time with her I believe she will be fine. Also giving her live food may cheer her up.

I agree with the live food. Crickets always cheer my hens up.
Another thing you could do if she's outside is put some leaves in a pile and scatter some bird seed or scratch grains in it. It should keep her busy.

Back
Top Bottom