How do you keep track?

Buck Creek Chickens

Have Incubator, Will Hatch
12 Years
Nov 26, 2008
Neenah, WI
Of mixed hatch dates, in the same 'bator. I use post it notes on the door of my GQF, set date, candle date, day 18, and hatch date. If I move the tray the note follows on the door, and if there is 2 different hatches in one tray its the info is on 2 notes, plus i put a no. in each set so if the tray get turned around I know which is which.

I am learning to, but I was told to put the eggs all in at the same time; because if you don't its alot more difficult to keep track. And also not to mix chickens, ducks, goose, and turkeys eggs, etc., because they have different hatch times. I have put to many in mine and have totally lost track, but now I know to put less eggs, and to put them in all at the same time; and not to mix eggs. Good luck and I hope I helped a little.

i write the hatch date on each egg and then write it down in a book also, i do stagerd hatches in 8 different bators, and have 2 bators that i use for hatchers . that way i have eggs hatching all they time

I write the date on mine too. I put the date on that they were gathered then in a different color I will write the date they went into the bator, I also leave at least 4 days inbetween setting dates. I only have 3 bators.

Edited to say Yes MUST have a journal to keep everything straight!

Last edited:
I put "Day 18", whatever day that may be, on the egg, and on a large calendar that is literally 2 feet away from my incubators. I also label the entry on the calendar with which incubator it is in.

I just forget and wonder why my eggs aren't hatching and then get all surprised when I have chicks running around the bator. It isn't a system but it works for me

If i have more than one hatch date, i write the date they go into the incubator right on the egg in pencil. But i also have a back-up calendar where i list how many of what type of egg went in and on what date. Oh, and along with the date on the egg, i put an abbreviation on to let me know what type of eggs, like "S" for Silkie, "DU" for d'Uccle.

i have many multiple hatches going on now and it is a huge pain. i wish i could have timed my eggs better.
th.gif

tray 1 is the bottom one tary 2 the next tray 3 the top one my Lgs are 1 and 2 my hoverbator is 3 i printed out a calender on the putter today is tray 2 to hatch tray (18day) tray 2 is also marked on calender it yellow as is day 18 19 20 21 23 and 23 Blue for tray 3 and orange tray 1 that way i dont over lap or fight for the hatching tray. i have some where around 700 chicks to hatch so far this year 66 are out and gone to make it work i have to have 20 to 25 eggs a day to set

Back
Top Bottom