How do you keep your chickens entertained

TaylorGlade

Over egg-sposed
Premium Feather Member
Jul 29, 2023
Florida Panhandle
Guess what? My pullets are having a blast thanks to this chicken toy. A bright yellow ball with holes on each end, it's like the neatest snack dispenser ever. I loaded it up with treats - some BSF larvae and regular pellets - and let the chicken games begin! These young hens are now on a peckin' quest, chasing that ball like they're training for the farm Olympics. Who knew chickens could be this easily entertained? It's like they've got their own treat-fueled version of soccer! 🐔⚽🎾🍗

That's cool! So you hang several things at once?
HEALTHY TREATS FOR HENS.jpeg
VEGGIE SKEWER FOR CHICKENS.jpg

I couldn't find a photo of my hanging wire basket to show you. The basket works great for a head of lettuce, cauliflower or broccoli.

They also enjoy it when I skewer fruits and veggies for them. I take it down once they get down to the apple cores, (so they don't ingest any apple seeds). It keeps them (and me) entertained! :)

View attachment 3620165View attachment 3620194
I couldn't find a photo of my hanging wire basket to show you. The basket works great for a head of lettuce, cauliflower or broccoli.

They also enjoy it when I skewer fruits and veggies for them. I take it down once they get down to the apple cores, (so they don't ingest any apple seeds). It keeps them (and me) entertained! :)
My grandma had chickens when I was a kid and I grew up with them. My husband didn't. To me, they were just a chore and I didn't want them. My husband did. Now, I'm glad we did. I don't know why I didn't get as much joy from the as I do now. I have skewered apple slices for them - as well as tomatoes and squash. I have also skewered cabbage and cukes. I'll have to look for the basket

I have hung cabbage whole or half by a copper wire, and fill my suet basket with overgrown cukes. I also have a cheap mirror that they like. Or move feed pans to expose bugs. I also dig random chunks of dirt to watch them go to town to see what's there.

I have hung cabbage whole or half by a copper wire, and fill my suet basket with overgrown cukes. I also have a cheap mirror that they like. Or move feed pans to expose bugs. I also dig random chunks of dirt to watch them go to town to see what's there.
Yes. Watching them chase bugs is especially satisfying

Back
Top Bottom