How do you keep your husband out of the duck food?

Buttercup Chillin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
SouthEast TX
I cooked up some split peas for the Ducklings this morning and was letting cool on the stove before I gave them any. Had a few yellow squash I had missed from the garden, they were tuff so I added them. When Hubby came in for breakfast, saw that and decided that would be good for breakfast. Added salt and Pepper, said real mild but good and he's have some next batch.

I told the duklings when I gave them theirs that if they see him come out that door with spoon in hand they had best gobble it up fast.
celebrate.gif
Poor duckies having to share their food with Dad.

Quess I'll have to start cooking up 2 pounds at a time, just so the ducks get some.

Edited for spelling,
hmm.png

Last edited:
Sounds like mine, a couple weeks ago I caught him dipping his french toast in the sugar syrup/ bee chow mix I had cooling on the stove before I took it down to feed my honeybee hives.
lol.png

Last edited:
That is way too funny. Thanks for sharing!

My two-year-old adores duck food. If I don't stop him, he'll sit in the feed room and stuff it by handfuls into his mouth. Good thing ducks eat unmedicated food.
roll.png

Oh my, now mine will complain that I don't make up that sugar/syrup bee chow. I don't have bees.

Have noticed the lack of bees pollinating this year though. I have a Whole Block of green beans all a blossom and no beans, no bee's. Earlier they were pollinated by a hummingbird, but the hummers have moved on now.

I don't have experience with bees though and I'm not sure if I want to get into them.

Suppose now he's seen this, I'll have to make him up some Apple syrup:p and some pancakes in the morning to keep him out of the Split Pea mush.

HenPen its not mine. Its from the book, Fantastic Food with Splenda but I can't see why you couldn't use sugar if you don't use Splenda. We use Splenda for most everything, except making wine and some Jams.

Apple Cidar Butter Syrup
3/4 Cup Apple Cider
1/2 up Slenda Granular
1 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp cold water, mixed
1 Tbsp butter

In small saucepan simmer apple cider and Splenda over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 (about 1/2 Cup). Mix in cornstarch water and bring to low boil, stir until it clears and Whisk in the butter.

Or make up a bigger batch and keep it in the frig.

Quote:
If you find a way to keep him from eating it let me know. My DH eats the dog food. I make homemade dog food as our Great Pyrs have always had sensitive skin. Lentils, rice, barley, turkey meat (I buy cheapest on sale and freeze), stock, and veggies all boiled to a nice mixture. I add noodles too. DH says I don't spice it enough. If I leave it on the stove he will take a heaping scoop full, even if his plate if full.

My kids think he is strange too, until my oldest son tried it too.
tongue.png

Oh my, I just checked on Hubby cooking something in the Kitchen. Onions, he is frying onions and was going to share with the Duckies cause they shared with him this morning. Good thing I checked. He now knows not to give any of the Birds onions.

Back
Top Bottom