how do you know if the fan is working ?

Well if the fan is working can't you see it and hear it? Well, there is no other way unless you stick a finger up there. Just look at it or listen to see if it is blowing.....

Quote:
the only sound I hear is what sounds like a very fast ticking clock. I think that's the turner.

I'd hate to unplug everything and mess with it, I am not an electrician.

well, I unplugged it, crimped the pink ends, nothing, no fan movement, aaargghhhh.

Just an FYI; bumping your own post may get it deleted it or shutdown [it's against BYC rules of conduct].

With the top off, it should be easy to determine if the fan's running. It runs all the time the bator is plugged in; not just when the element is on.

I doubt you set eggs first and then trying to figure out how to run the bator, right? When my still air 1602 hits 100, I turn that adjusting rod [its bent at a 90 degree angle to make a handle above the wingnut] untill it shuts off. I never tighten the wingnut too tight................. and once you're close, even tightening the wingnut can change your temps a little. I give mine several hrs to stabilize, then begin to zero it in. The still air constantly moves in one degree on/off cycles, and actually hits the low end of the cycle while the heat element is on. I measure my temps with an indoor/outdoor Acurite with the probe at mid egg level. For me, running it so that it kicks on as the temps reach 99.7 means it will drop to 99.1, come back up to 99.7, shut off, then rise to 100.1 before beginning to drop again. It may vary a tenth of a degree or more with room temperature changes. I measure humidity with another [Springfield] hygrometer, calibrated, inside the bator. The egg turner's moter creates a little heat which needs adjustments made with my still air, and developing eggs also have to be adjusted for.

Back
Top Bottom