how do you know if the fan is working ?

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Being new to the incubator, and wanting to get things going.

what are the temps and humidity levels for chicken eggs and duck.

what should temps, humidity levels start at, and stay at, and what should they be at the end ??

thanks.
smile.png

the question is at the bottom of the thread.

Last edited:
I have a 1620 hovabator,

with turner, circulating air.

came with the hygrometer,

another newbie question, I do have the thermometer it came wtih inside to watch the temp. how do you get the accurate reading for the humidity? is that from the hygrometer , that is on the outside though, is humidity not to be measured from inside? what am I missing, hahaha.

edited to add.

once it reaches 100 , how long do you watch it to see that it maintains the right temp?

and does the bator make noise constantly, like a really fast ticking clock sound.??? just want to make sure i put it together right, haha.

Last edited:
P.S. how do you know if the fan is actually working/circulating ?? perhaps that is the noise that I hear .

when it reaches 100, how do you stabilize it, do you have to adjust the thermostat wingnut, to get the light off, to maintain it at that temp ??
Mine has now reached 100

Quote:
if its reached 100 degrees and the light is on, i would turn the loosen the wingnut and turn the control arm 1/4 turn or until the light goes off but not more than 1/2 turn.

Quote:
if its reached 100 degrees and the light is on, i would turn the loosen the wingnut and turn the control arm 1/4 turn or until the light goes off but not more than 1/2 turn.

the light did go out, but now it's back on. is it maintaining on its own then?

now the fan, how do you know if its' working?

and what should humidity be at, and do I read this off the hygometer on top of the bator?

I'm curious if I need to crimp my wires on teh fan. Don't know how to figure out if it's workng.

Last edited:
I changed the title of the thread to justify my eager question.

Last edited:
still anxiously awaiting to hear if anyone can tell me about the fan.

as well,
I started incubator at 11:00 am, it's holding steadfast at about 54% humidity and 37.3 degrees Celsius.

I'm thinking that is pretty good, yes??

Back
Top Bottom