how do you know it is time to say goodbye

you guys are making my computer wet
hit.gif

this is a very hard time for all of us that have pets we love...
do this one last kind thing for him and release his pain
it sounds like he had a great life that any dog would love and he obviously touched your life greatly\\
you will never forget him
hugs.gif

Feeling your pain.And his too.He knows and is ready.I know how much it hurts me,I can only imagine yours and his.I known if he could get up and you would let him out he would go and rest and save you from putting a time to it.Let him have his peace.Take yours in his.I've known way to many folks that let this final goodbye to a good friend keep them from seeing the next one thats here to stand right next to them.This will pass and somewhere in a shelter tonight there's a pup willing to help with the healing.Prayers sent.

I talked it over with my vet yesterday, he thinks he is ready too. he is willing to come out here. we had 4 poo accidents last night.
Lil'turkey momma the next pup showed up at the door in November I've just been holding on
Zoidberg
38899_100_1054.jpg

Christmas
38899_100_1115.jpg

It took two weeks past the time I was ready for my DH to be able to let go of my Charlie Girl. Now a year and a half later, DH tells me he wishes he hadn't stalled so long. Charlie suffered because of our selfishness.

Sure sounds like it's time for your guy.

Sorry
hugs.gif

I'm sorry for what your going through. But as everyone is saying, it is probably best to let him go.
I'm glad that you have an appointment for him. He will be much happier.
hugs.gif
smile.png

hugs.gif
I feel your pain and i understand how hard it is.
He's a beautiful guy,you were lucky to have each other.

I am dealing with the same question with my little girl, it's hard to decide when is the time with her, she seems to take a turn for the worse and i wait a day or two and she gets better, i have been taking her for rides on my 4-wheeler, carry her walks in the woods and spend extra time with her when i am on the puter with you folks.

I have 7 other dogs but she is my little house dog, never had one this small before i got her from my daughter.
She had cancer among other things and she was with me 10 years ago when i had cancer and she was my rock and i am having a hard time making the right call.
I don't want to take her to the vet to have her put down cause she is terrified of the vets office and i want her to go peacefully without fear so i have made arrangments to have the vet come here when it is her time.
DSC00123.png

This is the hardest decision you'll make and sadly it will repeat itself with every pet you have. We had to allow our 15 1/2 year old Jack Russell Terrier "go" in July. She had lymphoma for over a year and by treating her holistically she had a great quality of life until the last two days when she had a massive stroke from brain cancer. She could've lived but her quality of life would've been very poor--her stroke caused her to lose her eyesight completely as her eyelids closed and she couldn't open them, she went deaf, lost her sense of smell and control of her left side. I had to hold her food right to her lips for her to eat. She was always bouncy and ran every day--including a week before we made the decision. Emma would've hated her life and the brain cancer would've ended it very soon by itself.

It is important as so many have said is to think of how your dog feels and not yourself. My sweet girl licked my hand and turned toward me even though her eyelids were closed. She then rested her head down on my hands and our vet let her go in my arms. I cried and cried and so did our vet as she hugged us (she 's a great vet). I still get teary sometimes when I think of her as we had her since she was 7 weeks old. It is your love for your pet that makes this hard and in realty that's a good thing.

So sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom